Friday, March 4, 2016

2/24 Sick on the Road

Yes, I know I have been missing in action.  From White Tank Mountain Regional Park, I headed out to Cave Creek, another one of the Maricopa County regional parks.  I had not been here before and found it amazingly quiet, smaller than Usery and about the same size as White Tank, but only a few miles from Carefree, Arizona, with all of its shops and stores.  This is the only photo I took of the campground!

Unfortunately, by the time I got here, my sore throat had turned into the worst cough I have ever had in my life.  So I headed to an urgent care center and was prescribed antibiotics and a ton of prednisone.  My problem with getting sick is that I have mild asthma, which turns into major asthma during a cold, with my bronchial tubes going into spasm and my not being able to cough up whatever crud is in there.  Usually prednisone calms things down right away.

This time it did not work very fast, and I was coughing so hard I sometimes could not catch my breath.  I pulled muscles in my back and ended up with pain in my diaphragm from all the coughing.  So I holed up in my motorhome and did almost nothing for the four days I stayed here. 

Luckily, I had stocked up on groceries and only had to drive out a couple of times to get better cell service and internet so I could listen to student presentations. 

There are a lot of nice, short hiking trails in this area, so maybe someday I can spend more time here and actually be healthy!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment