Monday, April 8, 2013

4/7 Jekyll Island Beach at Low Tide

I used my rental golf cart today to do some exploration.  I found this beach full of people because it was Sunday afternoon.  At low tide, the beach is at least 400 feet deep.



Just down the beach a bit, there was a triangle-shaped sandbar which was exposed because it was a very low tide.  What was neat is that the water was about an inch deep, but there were ripples in the sand, so you walked really on the ripples and did not get your shoes too wet.  These photos really do not do it justice because you cannot see the water clearly, but you get the idea.



If you look very carefully at this last photo, you can see there are waves breaking in the distance and people wading out to this far sand bar, in spite of the warning signs on the beach telling people that the tide covers this area 10' deep at high tide. 

Very nice walk, but I did have to wash my shoes when I got back to get the salt off of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment