Tuesday, April 16, 2013

4/14 Myrtle Beach State Park Ocean Beach

The campground is only about 1000' from the beach, which is nice.  Yesterday, I rode my bike and took a few photos of the dune area, beach, and pier that is part of the state park.


 
The pier was nice, but typical of all ocean piers--filled with people fishing and a few birds begging.

 
Today, I went for a longer walk down the beach to the north where there were a lot of hotels and a bigger pier.  It turned out to be a longer walk than I thought it would be.  I had tried to ride my bike, but it kept bogging down, so this beach is not as hard at low tide than some others I had been on.


Saw this fellow on my way down.

A lot of these piers are private and require you to pay a fee for walking or fishing.  It was only $1 to walk out, so that wasn't too bad.  The big hotel in the distance is the owner of this one.



It was a very long walk home!


Leaving tomorrow morning for Cape Hatteras.  Am really looking forward to this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment