Thursday, June 3, 2021

Made it to June!

 Not much else happened in May, as I spent most of my time visiting relatives.  Had to say goodbye to son, daughter-in-law, and grandkids before heading east to Michigan and Ohio.  I will not be back here in the West for at least a year unless I decide to fly in for a quick visit.  

Besides the people, I will miss the bunnies at Willow Beach Marina, the elk who tried to steal a drink from my hose in Grand Canyon, and the big-horn sheep in Valley of Fire who were fighting over a broken water faucet.  However, after spending the summer in Michigan and Ohio, and heading south to Florida, there will be lots of birds and other wildlife along the way. 

Right now, I am in Utah, having driven for three long days in a row from California.  Tomorrow, I will be in Colorado where I will spend a couple of weeks before heading through Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, and Indiana.  In Indiana, I plan on stopping for a few days at the Fleetwood customer service facility in Decatur.  I need to get my awning and slide toppers replaced, plus see if they can fix the loud squeak I have where the motorhome front bunk area attached to the Ford E-450 cab.  Also, need to get my running lights and rear lights fixed so I can drive at night.  In addition, my motorhome needs an oil change, and I need to find a truck place that will check out my springs and shocks to try to get a better ride out of this hunk of trash.  Got 157,000 miles, so it needs some care. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, 157,000 miles! Hi Judy, I think today might be your birthday so just wanted to say happy birthday and see what you've been up to. I've directed a couple of my friends who are retiring (and thinking about motor-homing) to your blog. It's a great resource! Ring us up when you're in MI! Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I'll be at Sterling State Park from July 20-25. Was wondering if anyone would be interested in getting together. Will send you personal email, assuming you are still getting mail via F.

      Delete