Tuesday, June 8, 2021

6/6 James M. Robb SP Island Campground, Fruita, CO

 So nice to make it to Colorado!  I have stayed near here in the town of Fruita in the past, but this time I decided to try out the section of the campground that was about 20 miles east.  It is along the Colorado River, in a canyon area called the Palisades.  Only one negative was that it was HOT, like 95 degrees the entire three days I stayed there.  So happy to have AC!! 

I did not take many photos because mostly I stayed inside and tried to catch up with grading papers and doing some house-cleaning.  Having AC also helped.  



One nice thing about where I was camped is that the sun set behind this huge cliff at about 4 pm!!  Helped it cool off faster. 





4 comments:

  1. thought of you today while watching news showing helicopters delivering huge bags of water to the valley of fire park for the goats. They will keep it up all summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you mean big horn sheep? What news channel? I want to look at it if this is online. Glad to hear they are giving them water! They need to give water to elk in Grand Canyon VIllage, as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never mind, I found it here: https://news3lv.com/news/local/nevada-department-of-wildlife-hauls-water-to-remote-desert-areas-for-thirsty-animals

      Delete
  3. Yes, I meant the sheep - also on channel 5 Vegas. Getting to that age where mind says one thing and fingers type another.

    ReplyDelete