Tuesday, June 8, 2021

6/1 California to Helper, UT

 I am headed east!!  The next few photos covers driving from California, through Reno, and arriving at Helper, UT, which is about 70 miles southeast of Provo, UT.  Obviously, I did not do this drive in one day.  I stopped in Fernley and Elko, Nevada, and then in Provo, UT, before making it to Helper, where I stayed for two nights to rest, catch up on work, and do a couple of loads of laundry. 

However, it was a pretty drive for three days, so here are some photos.




If you see a bridge without any approaches, you can be pretty sure it is an animal bridge. There are also animal tunnels under highways, and both bridges and tunnels are constructred to give animals a safe way to cross highways.  It also substantially reduces car/animal collisions and saves human lives as well.


Another animal bridge.



OK, this part of the drive was not scenic.  It was I-15 during rush hour between Salt Lake City and Provo!!  Not fun.

Back to the kinds of empty roads I like.



It had to take a lot of work to cut through this rock to build the freeway!



No comments:

Post a Comment