Monday, October 6, 2014

10/1 Red Bluff, CA, Durango RV Park

I have been doing a lot of thinking about the kinds of campground I like, so I decided to post occasionally about places I really like.  This one is a commercial RV park, and I usually don't like commercial campgrounds because they tend to be dirty, dusty, and most of all, extremely cramped, with sites so close together you can almost touch the RV next to you.  I have decided that I like open campgrounds, meaning that you can see something in the distance, and paved roadways and preferably paved campsites so you don't have to deal with clouds of dust with every vehicle that drives past. 

Durango RV park is an exception is that it is very clean, has a gorgeous pool and landscaping, and has a very nice laundry and facilities.  The sites are cement and extremely large.  In addition, it is reasonably priced, especially for California, and has free WiFi. 

The only bad thing about it is that there is considerable highway noise since it is right next to I-5.  In addition, it does not have a view of mountains or a lake in the distance, but the landscaping makes up for some of that.  There is also a nice river along the park, which is nice.  Also, not too far from Lassen Volcanic National Monument.  Here are some photos:


 

The Sacramento river is wide and very pleasant.  My grandson even caught a trout here a few weeks ago!  This patio area overlooks the river and has a gas fire pit since no wood fires are allowed in the city.





 


No comments:

Post a Comment