Thursday, October 30, 2014

10/29 Visiting Family at Lake Mead, NV

Believe it or not, I am not the only adventurous person in my family. My cousin Bob and his wife, Becky, have been full-time traveling in a motorhome for a lot longer than I have.  Once in a while, we meet up for a visit.  In fact, last year, we ended up in campground next to one another at Lake Mead for Christmas!

My travels to Florida this year took me right past Lake Mead again where they were staying, so I stopped by for a quick overnight. It is a beautiful campground right on the lake, with good shade, paved roads, and nice views.  It is also fairly quiet and peaceful. 


Paved roads and sites are important because they prevent dust and I get a lot of dust inside as it is.

Here is Bob and Becky's motorhome.  I am parked directly behind them.

A large piece of the trim on my front slide fell off while I was driving through Ash Meadows a couple of days ago.  I was not an easy nail-it-back-up fix because it seemed to be a bit long and was supposed to be attached to a metal plate.  Thankfully, my cousin has a good tool collection and offered to help me out by screwing it in place with metal screws.

Talk about a neatly organized tool compartment!

And his helper, Becky, while I took photos.

Saying good-bye.  He said I could stop by once a year for RV repair.  Might take advantage of the offer!

Could not resist adding these old photos.  Here we are when Bob was a year-and-a-half and I was two-and-a-half at my parents house at Christmas.  I'm not sure if the buggy was mine or his, but it is certainly too big for a doll buggy.

And sitting in front of the Christmas tree. Our brothers would not come along for a year or so.  Just noticed that we both seemed to be right-handed!   

No comments:

Post a Comment