Thursday, August 23, 2012

8/24 Not Quite the French Laundry

Walked all over downtown Napa today:

 

Then, went back to Rob's and got my bike and biked the 7 miles to Yountville.  I took the road that followed along Route 29, so there was not so much traffic:

Here is Yountville, filled with tourists!

Walked around a bit and got a sandwich, raspberry macaroon, and Coke from Bouchon bakery, which is supposed to be world famous, but I did not know that at the time.  Here is my not-quite-the-French-Laundry lunch:

Had a much rougher ride going back home because there was a stiff headwind that made me feel as if my tires were flat.  Took about twice as long to ride the 7 miles back, and my knees and muscles are complaining now, but it was a very good ride!  Hardest part was trying to cross Route 29 because there are no stop lights along the route and the divided highway has a 55 MPH speed limit with no breaks in traffic.  One car honked at me as I was crossing.  Wouldn't it have been more polite to slow down a bit to allow me to cross than just lay on the horn??  Beginning to dislike agressive and rude California drivers. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great sightseeing day but you are really ambitious to bike 14 miles if you haven't ridden much.

    ReplyDelete