Sunday, July 16, 2017

7/13 Elk Creek Marina & Reservoir


The weather has been pretty reliable in the few days that I have been here at Elk Creek campground--it is sunny in the morning, and then by about 2:00 pm, the clouds build up and come over the mountains to the south.  I suspect they start in the really high mountains about 30 miles from here.  Then we get rain until evening.  

Actually, the rain feels pretty good after all the Southwest heat this summer!  




Today, I rode my bike down to the marina area just before the rain began.  

This is a very long reservoir.  Elk Creek is indicated by the green box about 3/4 of the way on the east end of the lake. 

The marina is tucked in a small cove. 

The cooking smelled very good from this small restaurant, but I had already eaten lunch. 

Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment