Thursday, May 28, 2015

5/28 Maumee Bay State Park

While the campground here does not have direct access to Lake Erie, it is a fairly new park, so spaces are far apart and most spaces have trees or bushes between them. It feels very private and pleasant. 



My nearest neighbor!

There are lots of paved bike trails in this park, so I went for a ride today. This is one of several small ponds in the park.

This part of the bike trail takes you to the shore of Lake Erie.


Way in the distance, you can see the Detroit Edison Power Plant in Monroe, right next to Sterling State Park, where I was staying before I came here.  I am using a telephoto lens so it is not as close as it looks in this photo.

There is also a lodge as part of the state park--very nice!  There is a beach and marina next door.  




Hotel is open all year around, so the indoor pool would be nice in winter.

And kids' play area.


 
If the weather stays nice, I'll take another bike ride tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment