Wednesday, March 18, 2015

3/18 St. Lucie Lock and Dam Campground

This is the third Corps of Engineering campground I have stayed at here in Florida.  This one is the smallest, with only 9 RV campsites.  They are VERY hard to reserve because they are popular and seniors get a 50% discount.  As with all COE campgrounds, they are paved, have water and electric hookups, and are also exceptionally well taken care of.   


Love the waterfront sites. What was funny when I pulled in is that I recognized the couple in the RV behind me.  They had also been in the site behind me at W.P. Franklin a couple of weeks ago. 


If I wanted to and I had a license, I could fish from my campsite.


There are also several boat hookup sites and some tent sites.

I like this lock because you can walk across it and the dam to the other side of the river.

Water here is leaving Lake Okeechobee and headed east to Port St. Lucie.  There is a 14' difference of level at this dam.



 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment