Sunday, November 16, 2014

11/16 Drive to Fort Pickens, Gulf Islands National Seashore

There are two chunks of this 160 miles long seashore, but this campground is on the eastern, Florida part.  Nice drive from Hattisburg, MS, which I spent last night along a lake.  Love the lack of traffic on this Mississippi highway.

Had to drive through Mobile, Alabama, on the way to the barrier islands on the Gulf.  This is bridge to first island.

This is Gulf Shores, but I am still not on the second barrier island. Got to go over the bridge in the distance.  And yes, I did merge.


Check out the palm trees!  Must be there.  Nice thing was the temperatures were 73 today so I could wear shorts!

Once you enter the national seashore, it is still 5 miles to the campground along a very narrow island. 

Nice view, huh?



I'll post some photos of my campsite and go on a beach walk tomorrow.  I am parked just a couple of hundred feet from the beach, but it was hazy this evening and getting dark fast, so I just spent my time getting settled in.

No comments:

Post a Comment