Saturday, August 9, 2014

8/7 Whale Watching Tour to San Juan Island

Jan and Ron picked me up at 8:00 am and we headed to Port Townsend to take the all day whale watching tour.  The start was foggy, and calm in the harbor, but got very rough as we headed out.  (I do not have very good luck on whale watching tours.)  I have never in my entire life and three North Atlantic ship crossing ever been seasick, but I really got seasick today!!  It started out with a cold sweat and quickly moved to needing some Dramamine and an sick bag.  Whew!


All in all, however, it was a great day.  The fog blew away and we joined a bunch of other tour boats watching these Orcas or killer whales. 

Don't you think there are too many people on this boat??  Here are at least three whales.  One was a baby, but it was very hard to get photos of them all on the surface, so I don't know which was which.  


Headed into  Friday Harbor for lunch and wandering around. 


Good picture of my friends. 

It was a LOT calmer on the way back, and I was happy not to get seasick again. The tour boat took us past several rocky outcrops where birds and seals were hauled up.


And an American Eagle!

This back at Fort Worden, going past the lighthouse and keeper's home.  The campground is directly behind these, but hidden.

It was an eventful day, and I was happy to be home in my motorhome and just resting.  Very light dinner tonight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment