Friday, August 22, 2014

8/21 Twin Harbors State Park

This is an interesting part of the Washington state coast, but this state park is not one I will come back to.  It is old and not in very good shape.  Roads are crumbling and dusty, plus there are not very many open sites for good satellite coverage.  Sites are also small and anything larger than my motorhome would not fit at all.  I have one of the largest sites, and I had to pull back to the far end just to get in. 

In addition, the beach is at least 1,500 feet away, which for me, is not walking distance.  I rode my bike down today, but was disappointed because the sand was stony.  I am no doubt spoiled from the gorgeous beach at Pacific Beach, which was my last state park.  No view here also.  A view is really important to me because I spend a lot of time working in my motorhome.

Anyway, here are some photos of the beach:

The local cross country team had been running on the beach this morning and took the opportunity to do some much needed cleanup.  There was an amazing amount of trash.  Not sure why this beach was so trashy, but it was full of empty water bottles and food wrappers. 

You can see how rocky the beach is in this photo.  Not very good for barefoot walking, not that I do that.  Even a sandy beach has sharp shells, so I usually wear beach shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment