Thursday, October 17, 2013

10/15 Bodega Dunes & Beach

I stayed here just a couple of nights, and the campground was not my favorite because of the lack of power and the trees that prevented much of a view, so I did not take any photos of that.

However, I did decide to walk down to the beach, even though I had been told it was about a mile away.  Finding the trail was difficult, but I got some directions from one of the camp hosts.  The first bit was gravel, but then it turned to soft sand that was a struggle to walk on.


Found this flower on the way.  I need to find out again what this plant is called but it is a succulent and very common in the dunes areas along the coast.  This is off-season for flowering plants, so I was lucky to see any flowers at all.

Finally, the road appears!  Much easier to walk on.  I could not have driven on this because the day-use areas were all closed at this park.  Does not make sense with so many people traveling. 

Almost there, or at least I could see the ocean.  Still quite a walk from this point.

Whew.  Finally made it.

Only problem was that the end of the walkway had no stairs down to the beach.  There was a log someone had set up, but I was afraid that I would not get back up with my bad knees, so I sat on the cement for half an hour and enjoyed the breeze and watching the ocean.  Not too many people, and the restrooms and water fountains were completely closed.


No comments:

Post a Comment