Wednesday, August 7, 2013

8/3 Yellowstone - Fishing Bridge Area

These are just some quick photos of the drive into Fishing Bridge from the East Yellowstone entrance and my campsite there. 



A lot of brown trees here, all from the fires several years ago.


Fishing Bridge Campground is the only campground in Yellowstone with full hookups, meaning you had electric, water, and sewer at your site.  In addition, only hard-sided trailers or motorhomes are allowed at this site because it is very close to prime grizzly habitat.  Lots of strict rules about food and garbage storage.  You even had to have a sealed sewer connection because the sewer fumes would attract bears.  Didn't see any, however.

This is an old campground and managed by a concessionaire, meaning it is expensive and cramped, and all I hate in commercial campgrounds.  The only good thing was that I was able to get a good satellite signal for my TV.  Really bad thing was absolutely no cell service, which meant I had to drive or ride my bike out somewhere at least once a day to get a signal and answer my emails or upload graded papers for students.


This is a pretty area right near the campground.   I am told the bears love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment