Friday, August 23, 2013

8/17 Grand Tetons, very briefly!

I had planned to spend a whole week at Colter Bay in the Grand Tetons.  I had been assured there was good cell service, so I had even adjusted my class syllabus.  Alas, they lied to me, even when I checked again during check-in.  Their suggestions were to go to the marina to make cell calls and to use the access in the laundry or the café.  I tried the café, but it is very hard to conduct an online conference when there are so many noises in the background, plus my laptop microphone did not seem to be working. 

So, I packed up on Saturday and got a refund on my remaining days, left for a lunch appointment in Jackson, and then headed back to West Yellowstone where I knew I could get excellent cell and internet.  Back to the Grizzly RV park for a very restful six more days.  I did take a few pictures of the mountains and downtown Jackson:
 

 

I will go back there another time when it is off-season and when I find a better place to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment