Sunday, July 8, 2018

7/4 Hood Park, Pasco, WA

It was a long drive from Montana, so I was happy to arrive at Hood Park.  The trees of Idaho and Montana were replaced by the hot grasslands of eastern Washington.  This campground is where the Snake River, which I had been following, combines with the Columbia River.

But, I arrived on the Fourth of July, so WOW!  The place was packed with day use picnickers and boaters.  And temps were in the 90s the day I arrived and 100 the next day, so I was happy to have electricity.  



I had a fairly decent site, although it was very close to a neighbor.  This became a problem because apparently, according to the Corps of Engineers workers who came by, our two sites and two others were connected to a single breaker.  This part of the park was wired in 1975, when they did not expect campers to have air conditioning, so I ended up spending a lot of this day running my generator.  Luckily, the guy next to me had to run his generator as well, so did not mind my running mine. 



Amazing how many people at this park on this day.



I solved the electrical problem by moving to a new site the next morning.  It was the last walk-in site available and was only available because someone had cancelled the day before.  Had I not been able to get a new site, I probably would have left the park to find something else, although trying to find a place to stay the day after the 4th of July is not easy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment