Monday, June 2, 2014

6/2 Driving to Trinidad, Colorado

It was a long day today, but well worth it.  Can you see the snow-capped mountains in the distance in this photo? Nice!!

Amarillo was about 3,700 feet above sea level, and Trinidad is at about 7,000 feet above sea level, so I was slowly driving uphill all day. 

The road to the campground went over the dam.  As you can see, the lake level is considerably down, but it looks beautiful here anyway. 

Very nice campsite.  I had picked this one out in advance and was very happy with my choice as it backed up to a cliff overlooking the lake.  Nice, large, paved spot with electric hookup.  Easy to get satellite service because no big trees blocking your access.  Also, fairly decent cell service for my mobile hotspot.  Camping pad was also perfectly level, which means I don't have to get out blocks and drive up on them so I don't feel like a drunken sailor walking around inside my motorhome. What more could I want? 
 
Some more views of the surrounding scenery.


 
This is a place I will want to come back to.  It even has a laundry and is only a few miles from a town with all the shopping I need.  I will go out exploring in a couple of days, but tomorrow is a rest and work day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment