Thursday, February 27, 2014

2/24 Verde Canyon Railroad

I don't know how I missed this train trip the last time I was in Cottonwood.  I knew some old friends from high school would be in the area, so I suggested we meet and take the train together.  It was a perfect day, weather-wise, as has been almost every day in Arizona.  Here are Jan and Ron, getting ready to board the train.


You are assigned to an enclosed train car, but then can select your own seats.  Each enclosed car also has an outside observation car you have access to.  Very nice.


The route follows the Verde River up into a canyon area.  None of it is accessible except by four-wheeled drive over almost non-existent roads.  It is unusual to see water in a river in Arizona this time of year, especially since there has been almost no rain in several months.





 
Overall, just a very pleasant, relaxing day out!

No comments:

Post a Comment