Sunday, January 26, 2014

1/25 Lake Havasu State Park

I much prefer staying in state and national parks because you get a much larger camping spot and view, pay less generally, and end up with a lot more privacy than the commercial campgrounds where you are packed in like the proverbial sardines in a can. Here is my campsite with a view of Lake Havasu:



I did some bike riding around town to run errands, but it was recommended to me that I cross the London Bridge and ride the bike trail on the "island." This photo was taken from the bridge.


Lake Havasu City has grown tremendously in the past 30 years.  There is about every chain store you could want, as well as lots of new and old subdivisions.  It is really filling up the valley.

Nice bike and walking trail around the island.  Bikes go clockwise and walkers go counterclockwise.
 
Here are some views of the lake from the bike trail.



Do you see the dune buggies driving along the gravel beside the lake?  It looks like they can ride a long way along the gravel.
 
 
Here is how they got down there. 
 
I have a couple more days here and then on to another state park a bit south of here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment