Friday, August 5, 2022

7/31 & 8/1 Drives to Denver over Bethoud Pass and to Gunnison, CO

I did not take a lot of photos of these two drives because I was focusing on the curving and steep roads, so I am combing them into a single posting of just some gorgeous views.  Note, however, that it was pretty rainy both days I drove.  

July 31, 2022 - Headed to Denver Over Berthoud Pass






This photo shows arrival in the Denver area looking at the plains in the distance.


August 1, 2022 - Headed to Gunnison, CO


The next few photos are interesting because while it was not raining where I was driving, you could see the rain turning into snow on the distant mountains.  You could also see occasional lightning, but I could not capture that with my camera.





Just after I took these photos, I turned east a couple of miles and found a Walmart Superstore and picked up some groceries to last me a few days.  

I drove over Monarch Pass on my way to Gunnison, but never took a single photo because I was too busy driving!!


No comments:

Post a Comment