Friday, August 9, 2024

8/9 Pebble Beach Park, Marathon, Ontario

Marathon is a small town on the north shore of Lake Superior.  It has most of the essentials, such as a supermarket, gas station, tire store, assorted little shops, and most importantly, an ice arena and a Tim Horton's!! 

I am here just one night before driving 20 miles to Neys Provincial Park, where I have a campsite reserved right on the lake!!  I will also need to pick up a couple of things at the grocery store and fill up with gas for my drive to Thunder Bay at the end of next week.  Anyway, I had some extra time today, so I headed to this little park, and found it charming.   

The road to Marathon with a nice view of Lake Superior.  It started to drizzle right after I took this photo, so the rest are not very bright.  It is cold and windy here with a high today pf 62 degrees!  Since it has been raining most of yesterday and today, there is not much chance of a forest fire here, even with all the trees. 


 

Lake looks a bit nasty.





 
Lots of driftwood on this beach.  The pebbles did not look very easy to walk on with my sandals, so I stuck to the observation walkway along the parking lot. 
 


The right arrow shows where I am in Marathon now.  The left arrow shows where Neys Provincial Park is where I will be tomorrow. 

 
Found these cute siblings on a walk with their owners.  I want one!!  


I am spending tonight here, then moving on tomorrow, possibly after making a stop at the local Tim Horton's for a donut or two. 

Best part of this campground is that I am actually getting a DISH satellite signal, which I am not supposed to do in Canada.  So, I am even getting Traverse City local channels.  Shhhhh!


No comments:

Post a Comment