Saturday, August 17, 2024

8/14 TransCanada Highway - Sault Ste. Marie to Thunder Bay

After spending a quiet summer hanging around Ohio and visiting friends and relatives, I am finally back in travel mode, which means I have keeping busy taking photographs, sorting them, selecting the ones I want to post, and finally posting them on this blog.  Believe it or not, it takes about an hour for most posts, so I am back to trying to keep up.  

I am posting a few of my photos just of the TransCanada Highway portion that I have traveled so far.  Mostly, I have been following the east and north shores of Lake Superior, with some dives into some areas a few miles from the lake, depending on where the road goes.  

The nice things are the lack of traffic and good condition of the road.  Some negatives are the narrow shoulder and lack of rest areas I can pull over at, plus of course the distance between towns and things like gas stations and grocery stores.  As you will see from these photos, the entire highway is basically trees, trees, and more trees!  These photos are in order from east to west. 








On Sunday morning, I will be leaving Thunder Bay and heading west through the remainder of Ontario.  After one more night, I will be crossing into the province of Manitoba,and I have no idea what the TransCanada Highway will look like there, but it does mean I will be in Central time zone.   More to come.  


No comments:

Post a Comment