Wednesday, April 20, 2016

4/18 Monument Valley to Moab, UT

This was a long drive today on two-lane roads without very many services.  Luckily, my motorhome has a 55 gallon gas tank, so I can drive a good distance. 

The first thing I did this morning was laundry.  When a campground has a laundry, I try to take advantage of it because I never know when I will find the next one.  Laundromats in towns are OK, but most have very small parking lots, so I often have to pass them by.  I also needed to fill my fresh water tank up because I knew the campground this evening had no water.  All of this meant, I did not get on the road until 11:00 am.

This certainly is pretty country!


The best part is not much traffic.

I passed several clusters of snow-covered mountains.  The elevation of the road was between 5,000 and 7,000 feet, so it was very chilly.



Enjoyed my brief stop at this pull-off.


Note the snow or rain falling in the distance.


And finally, my campground for the next couple of nights!  This is actually a very high (6,000') mesa with canyons on all three sides.  Going to be a really cold night at this elevation.

Looking down into the canyons on one narrow stretch of the road.  This is a teaser for the stuff to be seen in tomorrow's post!!





No comments:

Post a Comment