Monday, May 20, 2013

5/20 Warren Dunes State Park

I have not posted lately because not much has been happening.  I spent a weekend camping with my son and grandchildren, and then 10 days staying with their family while my motorhome was at the factory service center getting some warranty work done.  I had a couple of soft spots in the area in front of my sofa, the kitchen lower cabinet was pulled away from the wall, the shelf under the window was loose, and the one drawer in my bedroom wardrobe needed a new latch. 

The floor was the biggest issue, and this took removing both slides, tearing up linoleum, fixing a broken weld in the floor frame, replacing some plywood, putting down new linoleum throughout the coach, and putting it all back together again.  They said they spent over 200 man-hours doing all of this. 

From my point of view, I had to remove all of the stuff from my kitchen cabinets and pack up all of my pills, valuables, electronics, and enough clothing to last me for a couple of weeks.  It was a lot of work.  I picked it up on Friday, loaded up all the stuff I had removed, and drove here to southwestern Michigan for several days of rest, grading papers, and cleaning and putting my kitchen back together again.  I also waxed the new floor, did some grocery shopping, cleaned my refrigerator, and generally rearranged and cleaned everything.  Whew!

Heading out tomorrow to get a tire that has a cut in it checked and switched with the spare if it is safe to drive on it.  Might have to buy a new tire to replace the spare.  Then on to the Detroit area for an overnight before heading north for a week or so. 

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back. Sounds like you had more than 200 hours of labor yourself. Good to hear that you are good to go again though except for the tire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good to keep updating the blog as a record of it all.

    ReplyDelete