Wednesday, April 11, 2018

4/9 Orland Buttes Campground, Black Buttes Lake, CA

I had never been here, but wanted to check it out.  It is a no-hookup campground along a lake.  There is another campground on this lake, but it has a bad reputation for attracting a rowdy crowd.  Not my style, so I checked this one out. It would be nice to have a cheap option for a campground on my way north or south on I-5. 

On the way in, I saw this osprey nest on an electrical pole. 

There was only one camper other than myself and the camphost, which was nice.  That gave me my choice of campsites. 

These are the black buttes the campground is named after. 


Self-check in means that you pick up an envelope, put your fee in it, and write your information on the envelope before you deposit it in the "iron ranger."  Cost was $10 for seniors since this is a federal campground, and I get a 50% senior discount.

Large parking lot and boat ramp.

My site was very high on a bluff over the lake.  Great view, but no lake access.  Another problem was that most of the sites were pretty small, so if you had a tow vehicle, you would probably have to park it on the grass. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment