Wednesday, April 4, 2018

3/20 Desert Botanical Garden WIldflowers & Butterflies

I know.  I disappeared for a while and got behind with my blogging because I had to fly to Georgia to visit with some elderly relatives.  It took me a while to recover from my least favorite form of transportation, but I am back now and trying to catch up.  

On this day, I went back to the Desert Botanical Garden to see the wildflowers in bloom and the butterfly exhibit.  Note the terrific bus and RV parking at the Garden.  

Bus parking is really very close to the entrance.  


It has been about a month since I was last here, and I was hoping more things would be in bloom by now, but it has been a cold and dry winter.  

Bats and birds love these large blooms.  They will produce sweet fruit in the middle of summer. 


This is the entrance to the wildflower garden.  


This tree is in full bloom!  

This round-tailed ground squirrel lives along the flowers. 

Here at least is one cactus getting close to blooming. 

And another. 

Lots of wildflowers in bloom. 


This is the butterfly house. 
 

And some assorted photos of butterflies.  I have no idea what kinds they are. 










Time for a quick stop at the goft shop and to go home. 

This impressive yucca was in the parking lot. 



   

No comments:

Post a Comment