Thursday, January 18, 2018

1/14 Bighorn Sheep Along Roadway to Willow Beach.

I made this a separate post because the other one was getting very long, but when I was taking photos of flood damage, I found this group of bighorn sheep next to the road.  So, even though this is a very dry area and looks as if nothing big can survive, these wild sheep manage just fine. 


Usually, you see bighorn sheep in smaller groups--a male and a couple of females.  This group has three adult males, identified by their larger horns, and six females.  The males are all on the left.  


They are shy animals, but in a place like this tend to not seem so afraid.  They let me take quite a few photos, but then did slowly move on.  


This female kept an eye on me as I drove past.  Don't these two look pregnant??  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment