Wednesday, May 31, 2017

5/31 Trinidad Lake State Park, CO

I have been here before and like this state park.  It is in eastern Colorado, just off I-25, almost into New Mexico.  Trinidad is a small-to-medium town, with a couple of big chain grocery stores and a historic downtown.  It was a long drive to get here, but I do love long, straight roads like this one. 


When you see snow-capped mountains like these, you KNOW you are in Colorado!  This is the view as you approach the state park. 


 

The campground in on a high plateau overlooking the lake, but you cannot get down to the lake unless you drive around to the other side.  I had reserved one of the nicer campsites along the lake where spaces are a little longer and sites are paved. 




This is the view from the back of my campsite.

And some early wildflowers.  Is this copper globe mallow?

Drummond Milkvetch
I think this is lupine, Colorado's state flower.
Another view of the mountains from the road to the dam on the other side of the lake.  

 California could have used this overflow channel!

 One of the many bunnies coming out at dusk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment