Wednesday, February 3, 2016

1/30 Willow Beach Campground

While it is really hard to pick out a top 10 or 20 favorite campgrounds, Willow Beach, about 12 miles downstream of Hoover Dam on the Colorado River has to be at least in the top 15 or so.  Why?
  1. It has an incredible view, and I love views.  Even on days when I have a lot of work to do, being able to sit in my recliner and look out of the windows at something makes it all worthwhile.
  2. It has paved roads and cement camping pads.  This is important to keeping the dust and dirt out of my home on wheels.  Many of the campgrounds on my "worst" list have had dirt roads with clouds of dust boiling up every time someone drives by.  Also, a paved or cement pad makes it a lot easier to sit and clean out storage areas or do maintenance work on the outside.
  3. It has nice, big campsites, plus all sites have electric, water, AND sewer hookups!  Free WiFi as well, since there is no cell service here.
  4. And, it is cheap!  My senior rate for this campground is only $17.50, which is a real bargain.
So here are some more photos.  The first is taken just on the other side of the road beside my camping spot.  Great view!  I can't see the road from my vehicle, but I can see the river.


Campsites are large and spread far apart.  See how nice the roadway and pad are?

Another slightly closer view.

The running board on the driver's side has been rusty with peeling paint for several months.  I did the best I could scraping and sanding the rust off, but I did not have any power tools.  After a coat or two of rust preventing paint, at least it looks better than it did.  When I get back to Ohio in August, my younger son will use his power tools to get it smoother and remove more of the rust.  In the meantime, this will have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment