Wednesday, January 30, 2013

1/29 Hillsborough River State Park

I have been slowing circling Florida  counter-clockwise, but I took a detour and drove up to the Tampa area to meet with a group of women I have been corresponding with online.  They all own and drive RVs--motorhomes, 5th wheelers, or travel trailers.  Some are still working so only camp on weekends and vacations and some are full-time like me.  It was nice to tour other rigs and see what people have done to modify them. 

Here is my campsite.  We took turns renting a golf cart, and the day I took this photo was my turn.

We had a pot luck dinner each day.  Many of the women were staying on for the entire week, but I had to leave earlier because I had very hard to get reservations at a state park in the Keys.  Anyway, we look like a bunch of Walmart rejects, but here is our group around the potlucks.  Bugs were bad, so even though it was warm, some of us had jackets on.  I wore socks the last night because something was biting my ankles even with long pants on.




And this last is a very blurry group photo.  I think Sue took a better one, so I am hoping she will send me a copy.  Unfortunately, some of the group had already left and some were elsewhere, so the whole group is not in this photo. 

1 comment:

  1. You got some great photos and looks like there was a lot of fun going on there.

    ReplyDelete