Friday, September 23, 2022

9/11 Bullard's Beach & Bandon, OR

This part of the Pacific Coast is one of the prettiest, with the highway running close along the shore and mountainous forest coming down all the way to the ocean.  It really is a drive that everyone needs to do at least once.  Here are just a couple of views. 


I am on my way to Bullard's Beach State Park from the south, but before I get there, I have to stop in the little harbor town of Bandon.  First, it has one of my favorite bakeries, and second, it also has a really nice little book store that has a lot of little gifts. Also, there are a few RV parking spots in a paved lot at the west end of the old town and a big dirt lot next to it where you can park a big vehicle. 

There is a harbor and a few seafood restaurants on the right and a bunch of gift shops on the left.  There are also a lot of carved artworks along the harbor, as you can see from this fish along the roadway.

This view is towards the entrance of the harbor and the small lighthouse at the tip of the peninsula across the way.

This is a closeup of the lighthouse. 

The next few photos show some of the harbor wood carvings.




 
 
This is the entrance to Bullard's Beach SP.   I have been here several times before, but it is always a nice place to stay. 


It also has one of the best recycling centers of any state park I have visited in Oregon.

 
The next-to-last day, I drove to the beach and lighthouse.  Unfortunately, the flies were horrible in both places, so I stayed only long enough to get 8 bites on my legs!!   Luckily, these flies did not hang around the nearby campground.



 
From the lighthouse, you can look back at the town of Bandon. 





One last photo of my motorhome and me.



No comments:

Post a Comment