Friday, September 9, 2022

9/1 Drive to Vegas & San Clemente Beach SP, CA

 I've been getting lazy about posting, but here are a few photos I took on my drive from Utah to Las Vegas.  The drive was a route I had never taken before, and I was really impressed with the stark mountain scenery.

The drive out of Utah was mostly downhill, but the view below was impressive because you could "see forever."

A couple of hours later, headed down I-15, the highway went through a barren, but stark and beautiful series of mountains.  Unfortunately, there were no scenic pullovers, so I did the best I could with taking photos through my windshield.  (I get about a third of these photos taken that way that actually are not blurry or focused on what I want to photograph, so I am thankful for digital cameras that do not require film as in the old days when a spoiled photo meant costs.)






I skipped taking any photos of Las Vegas itself because is it so smoggy and I really only stayed one night there, mostly just driving through to get to someplace cooler!!  And, besides, Las Vegas is NOT one of my favorite places, so I tend to just drive through it.

I spent a couple of nights in Southern California at San Clemente Beach SP, but then headed north to visit kids in Napa.  After a night in hot Las Vegas, it was nice to be on the coast where it is cooler!    

I take time to walk down to the beach, but I did not go for a walk--just took a couple of photos.


Nice to be in a campground with the beach easily accessible.



 Tomorrow I head north.

No comments:

Post a Comment