Sunday, September 27, 2020

9/25 Canyonlands National Park, Islands in the Sky Area

 Canyonlands National Park really includes several separated areas.  The part nearest Dead Horse Point SP is called the Island in the Sky.  After spending a few days at Dead Horse, and having taken a tour in the bottom of the canyonlands, I spent a few hours on this day trying to see the part of the national park on the top of the mesas. 

Unfortunately, all the people who could not take a vacation in June and July are now taking their vacations, so the national parks are incredibly crowded.  I could not find a place to park near the visitor center or a lot of scenic areas.


However, I did get some pictures of the Shafer Trail, from the top. Glad I took a tour instead of renting a jeep as I had originally planned!


Lots of zigzagging!






Back to my campground.



No comments:

Post a Comment