Friday, August 31, 2018

8/31 Sunny Tillicum Beach, OR

Truthfully, Tillicum Beach, and any beach along the Pacific Coast, is much more likely to be foggy or cloudy than sunny.  Sometimes the sun comes out in the early afternoon, but often it stays foggy and even drizzly all day.  In fact, most of the past week has been foggy and damp, which has not bothered me because I have had a lot of work to do for my online class.  

Anyway, around noon a couple of days ago and today, the sun came out and the fog and clouds disappeared, so I took advantage of the nice weather and went out both times for a beachwalk and to take some photos.  I am leaving for Bullard's Beach in the morning, so wanted to take some last photos.  

These first photos were taken a few days ago when it was low tide.  I love to go out during low tide because the ocean is so interesting when you can see the bottom sands. 



The hard sands makes it easy to walk. 

I took this photo of a man walking on a sandbar while I was facing the sun because I wanted to catch the light on the water. .

I have beach shoes that I can get wet, so I don't mind a little bit of shallow wading. 



The water was very clear and the sand hard, even when you had to walk in the water. 


Love the patterns in the sand. 



The campground is to the left in this photo.  You can see the fog/haze against the trees.  One problem with that fog is that is carries a lot of salt in it, so windows get covered with salt. 


There is a creek that empties into the ocean not too far from the campground, so I walked down to it.  Almost nothing for Forest Service land in the distance, so the water is very clear. 


I took the next few photos today.  It was almost high tide, so there is a lot less beach, but considering that we have not had sun for a few days, there were a lot of people out getting some sun.  Temps have been in the low 60s all week, so you still need a light jacket.  The sky was really, really blue today, which was nice. 




I've been here for two weeks now, but it will be nice to get to another and different beach. 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment