Sunday, August 12, 2018

8/7 Richardson County Park, OR

Lane County, where Eugene, Oregon is located has some very nice county parks, most of which have water and electric at each site.  I stumbled across Armitage Park about four years ago and have used it often when I am in the area.  However, after getting my most recent repairs to my slide roller, I needed a place to stay for a couple of days because the place I was headed was expecting temps around 108--too hot for me!! 

So, I checked Richardson and it seemed to have spaces, so I headed over there to find a drop-in spot.  Success!  The campground is mostly woodsy, but I was able to find a place where I could get satellite reception. It was very quiet the couple of days I was there because it was midweek. 

The only negative was very poor Verizon service, so I had to drive out one day to the area near the boat launch on the lake.  However, I have discovered that often when cell service is weak or non-existent during the day, it will be acceptable after 10 p.m. so I just stay up late to upload and download.


View to the south from my campsite.  See what I mean about empty during the week?  Will get even better when school starts.  I am really getting spoiled because I like to have entire campgrounds to myself! 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment