Tuesday, July 24, 2018

7/22 Sequim Lavender Festival

I am still in the northern part of the Olympic Peninsula, staying in Fort Worden State Park, but today I drove into Sequim and met up with an old friend from high school and his wife.  This was the weekend of the Sequim Lavender Festival, and because it is really hard to drive my big motorhome around to lavender farms, they picked me up in the Walmart parking lot in Sequim and took me around to various places.  

There was a big area with booths in a city park, but most of the photos I took were of the lavender farms we visited.



There are several commercial varieties of lavender, and this farm had several.  

This variety has thinner and paler flowers but still smelled wonderful. 

This farm had lavender drying in the barn. 
 
And this machine strips the buds from the stems and cleans the buds of dirt and small twigs.


One of the many gift shops on farms. 

I liked the flower garden at this place. 


And an antique standing near a wall.  


After driving around for a couple of hours and stopping by the main festival area, we headed back to their home for dinner.  We only get to see one another about once a year, so it was good to get together. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment