Saturday, October 28, 2023

10/27 VIllage of Fernandina Beach

I headed to the nearby town today to walk around and maybe treat myself to a good fish sandwich at the restaurant overlooking the harbor.   There are always some interesting boats in town. 


This is the restaurant I am headed to.  Good food, but often crowded right at lunchtime or dinner. 

I walked through town, went in a few shops but did not buy anything.  I took some photos of the architecture of the old buildings.   Lots of people walking around today because tomorrow is the college football game between Florida and Georgia. 

This is quite a grand old building, even now! 


This is actually the post office. 

 


 
And one of the oldest homes in town.  


This is actually a modern hotel, but interestingly blends into the rest of the architecture in town.





I like the way they left this old tree in the middle of the road and just paved the road around it. 

I'm going out for some groceries tomorrow, so I might add more photos of old houses in town.


No comments:

Post a Comment