Saturday, May 11, 2019

5/8 Bullard's Beach State Park

The drive south from Tillicum has some of the prettiest ocean views and beaches.  I left Tillicum and Waldport on the 5th, so I am including some photos of that drive and of my destination for a few days--Bullard's Beach SP.  Mostly sunny, with a little fog in some areas.



Gorgeous long beach view a few miles north of the town of Florence.  Lots of places to pull over, especially if you are driving a car.  Fewer that will fit an RV, but this is one of them.   



I have been here to Bullard's Beach State Park before, but is a nice place so someplace I like coming back to.  The campground had a lot of wooded, but also some open sites where I can get sun and a good satellite signal, which is important if I am going to spend a few days. It also has a good Verizon signal for phone calls and internet access through my hot spots. 

Photos are a littl grey because I took them early in the day before the fog lifted.  


In many state parks across the country, you can still camp even if you don't own a tent.  This yurt is a little larger than most of those offered in a lot of state parks.  I suspect it is a group meeting and eating building.  Most of the regular yurts have beds and maybe a table and a couple of chairs inside.  Outside is a picnic table and fire ring for cooking.  No bathroom, so you have to use a communal one.  On this day, there seemed to be a group of young girls and some leaders. 

This photo is looking south, so you can see that my satellite has a fairly clear view to the south, where it can get signals. 



No comments:

Post a Comment