Saturday, December 24, 2016

12/22 Marie Selby Gardens

I have been here a couple of times before and even posted photos in the past, but it is always a little different, and it is a very pleasant place to spend a few hours. So, on a relatively cool day and since I had a rental car, I decided to drive here and see what was new.


First stop is the greenhouse and some orchids.







Besides orchids, the gardens feature all sorts of air plants, including these carnivorous plants below.  They are all about 6" long.
 




 

 There were not as many plants in bloom as the last time I was here, but it was still interesting.
 
I saw and enjoyed the waterfall and koi pond for a while.  A little boy had some fish food in the second photo.


Interesting palm tree with seed pod.

Love the roots!

And a pleasant view of downtown Sarasota.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment