Thursday, May 30, 2024

5/24 - Memorial Day at a State Park

Nothing like going out to nature to "get away from it all."  Only problem on a big weekend is that everyone else has the same idea. Here are some photos of a state park I stayed at over the Memorial Day weekend:





So, why was I crazy enough to stay here on a busy weekend?  Actually, my son and his family have a weekend condo on Sandusky Bay, but there is no place at their complex where I am allowed to park or camp overnight, so I often choose to stay at this state park and drive over to their place each day to visit.  

Also, please note the amount of gear most campers feel they need to bring along with them on a holiday weekend.  Most have extra tents, barbecue grills, chairs, extra tables, bikes for adults and kids, coolers, and a lot of other junk.  It takes them an hour or so to unpack and even longer to pack up when they leave. 

Even if I am hanging around for a day, I typically put out just one chair, a stool, and a tablecloth on my picnic table.  

Frankly, when I am traveling in places where I do not have relatives to visit, I choose a place to stay for the major weekends that has no lake, so no beach or boating, no kids activities, no swimming pools or hot tubs and large campsites with lots of nature.  In other words, I like places with nothing to do and no one to do it with.  The result is peach and quiet.  Ahhhhh!!


No comments:

Post a Comment