Tuesday, May 7, 2024

5/2 Grayton Beach SP, FL -- Placeholder

I am setting up this posting as a temporary placeholder because I like my postings to be in order, and I cannot post right now for the two weeks I spent at this state park because I cannot view those photos. 

The problem is that I have a new camera, or at least a relatively new camera.  I have gone through three cameras in the 12 years I have been living full-time in my motorhome.  Basically, I dropped the first two cameras and am on my third, which is very similar to the other two, but is a slightly newer and more "improved" than the other two.  "Improved" means that the user manual is now 511 pages long in the online version, which is the only one I can read because the type is too small in the hard copy that came with my camera.  Anyway, I have been working periodically through parts of this manual and am learning a lot, but frankly 511 pages is ridiculous!!  (It took me two months just to figure out how to set the camera from manual focus to automatic focus.)

However, when I started taking photos of this state park, somehow my finger slipped and I turned on the menu function and then somehow changed the File Format setting for still photos from JPGs to RAW images.  I took 54 photos in RAW format, which meant that I could not view them when I downloaded them.  (Apparently, RAW format is used by professional photographers who want to heavily edit photos.)  The software I've looked at to convert these is more complicated than I need.  Basically, I need some easy software to just convert these images so I can view and post them, but have been a little hesitant in which to download and use.  

I just found the recommended software on page 106 of the Sony Help Guide, so am going to continue to work on that, so stay tuned. 

In the meantime, I am going to post some photos and comments tomorrow on T.H. Stone State Park on the Florida Panhandle where I am right now.  

1 comment:

  1. In Blogger, you can set the date for publication. You can back date any post so that they reorder with newer posts. I've done it a few times when I forgot to post some event and went back to do it later. Just a tip.

    ReplyDelete