Monday, July 25, 2022

7/21 Drive Along Big Thompson River to Estes Park, CO

I wish I had had a smaller vehicle and there was less traffic so I could have taken more photos of this drive.  I took as many photos as I could safely take, considering the road was winding and busy.  (I take photos through my windshield, but I don't really aim at anything.  This means I probably take three times as many photos as actually turn out not blurry or focused on the right things.)

I have no idea why this large pipes crossed the road or what it was carrying, but it was certainly impressive enough to get me to open my camera.  

The other problem with this drive is that it seemed like most of few places where you could pull over were on the wrong side of the road.



The canyon opens up a bit as you get closer to Estes Park.

 
It is always exciting to see your first snow-capped mountains!  

The edge of the very busy tourist town of Estes Park. 



Love the mountains!!



No comments:

Post a Comment