Saturday, July 16, 2022

7/14 Fisherman's Corner COE Campground, E. Moline, IL

Well, I am on my way west!  It feels good to be on the road for a change, and I was happy to arrive at this very nice campground.  

What makes a campground "very nice" in my opinion?  Well, first, it has some scenery, in other words, something to look at, and this campground is on the Mississippi River, so there is always something to look at.   This is the Celebration Belle, a 750 passenger paddle wheel boat that is based in nearby E. Moline, IL.  It offers sightseeing, dinner, and lunch cruises.  No cabins, of course, since these are just day trips, but it sounds like fun anyway.

In this photo, it is going through the locks at the far end of the dam. 

I don't see anyone on the decks, so not sure this is really part of a day cruise.

This gives you a better view of the dam.

There is a thick bed of water plants of some sort, so the river is not very accessible from the campground, but you can walk down the river a bit if you want to launch a kayak.


The second, and probably most important thing for me for a campground is that it has paved roads and paved campsites.  This keeps the dust down in dry weather and keeps the mud away.  A lot of dust from people driving past means that I cannot open windows when the weather is nice.  This one has some trees but enough open spots so I could get satellite TV, which is also important to me. 

Here is my camp site.  Another plus, is that whoever poured the cement for these sites actually made it level so you do not have to put out blocks or use levelers. 


And finally, this was a quiet place with enough real estate between campers.  Met some nice camp volunteers and a camp host, as well. 


2 comments:

  1. I could make a campfire if you want to come over

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, but I just read this. I also try not to go out at night because I get bad reactions to mosquitos. I deleted your other message and will respond via your email. It is always nice to meet other women who are full-timing.

      Delete