Wednesday, August 26, 2026

8/26 Update on My Plans

I've been slowly adding things to my motorhome as it is back in storage.  I may end up selling it in Florida, so I don't want to leave too much stuff in it, so I am focusing on only leaving stuff that is old or that I do not care about leaving.  For example, I had a large toolbox stored at my son's house that I used in my old condo.  When I started full-timing, I put a few things in a canvas tool bag and then moved them to kitchen drawers when I moved into this condo.  I ended up with a lot of duplicates, so I sorted through screwdrivers, wrenches, etc. and put only the older ones in my RV tool bag.  Ditto for kitchen stuff and bedding.  

I've also been looking at some larger fabric dog crates and found a couple that will fold up but fit under my rear dinette in my RV.  They have a lot of ventilation windows so I'll cover those to give the kitty a little cave.  I can get one that is about 24" wide, 30" long, and 24" tall, which will fit nicely under my dinette and give kitty a lot more room than her carrier.  

 Big mistake I made after my last two-day trial run was not cleaning the refrigerator well enough  afterwards.  I went to check on things a couple of days ago and found a couple hundred dead and dying bugs of some sort in the refrigerator.  When I pulled out the fruit and vegetable drawers I discovered that there was old food stuck on and underneath them, plus the shelves were dirty, no doubt attracting all the bugs.  I cleaned it up as best I could, and brought out some cleaner with bleach in it, so I'll do a better job when I have time to open the slide to give me more access next time.  

I also have to ramp up my training the kitten to wear the harness I bought her.  As is typical of cats, the first couple of tries resulted in her thinking I was tying her up and doing horrible things to her.  I have learned, however, that real tuna is her weak spot.  I cannot give her more than a few shreds because of lead and mercury, but she loves even a tiny bit and it keeps her distracted.  She also knows what the word "tuna" means and will come running for it!

 Anyway, got my reservations for Florida arranged for mid-November to just before Christmas, so that is done.  Looking forward to my travels again!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment