Tuesday, June 13, 2023

6/7 Minooka Park on Wilson Lake, KS

I've been here before, but it is such a nice place to stop along I-70 that I am here again.  It's also only $11 per night for a well-maintained camp site with water and sewer, plus a view, so that is a very good deal.  

And most importantly, it had no moths, although I had a very long drive to get here after bailing out of the Denver campground. 

This are is interesting because it has a lot of stone fence posts.  As you can see from the photos, they don't have many trees around here, and I was told that this rock was easily cut and shaped when it was first dug up.  It hardens over time.


I chose the same camping site I had the last time.  It is on a bluff on a peninsula that is situated in the middle of the lake, so it overlooks the lake.  It was a little busy here over the weekend, but once the weekenders left, it was quiet and peaceful.



This is a really big site. 


Onward to Missouri and then Illinois!


No comments:

Post a Comment