Thursday, September 3, 2020

9/3 Lake Cascade State Park, Cascade, ID

This is a prettier lake than I expected.  It also has very clean water, which you do not always get.  Basically, it is just the Payette River that was dammed up to store water, but there are several campgrounds in this state park, spread around both sides of this long, narrow lake.

I was supposed to be in Canada at Lake Louise and in Banff, but since the Canadian border is closed, this is one of the places that I made reservations at when I had to redo a month's worth of camping reservations.

This is the Big Sage campground. It is a long, narrow campground, with not too many campsites, which means it is pretty quiet.

There is a small road behind the campsite which makes for good bike riding. 

 
Nice views of the lake and the mountains on the other side.  Surpriseingly, there are a lot of cows/cattle over there because I can see them and hear them mooing!



Nice, big campsite. 

I rode my new bike to the far end of the lake, which was only a couple of miles away.  I am getting used to riding this new bike.  It takes off faster than my old one and is a little smaller.

I also rode into the small town nearby. 


I have been here four nights, so tomorrow I head off to Heyburn, ID, which has a very nice, small campground I like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment