Friday, October 18, 2019

9/26 Drive South to Wanapum State Park, WA

Yes, I know it is October, and I am posting stuff I should have posted in September.  However, I have an excuse--actually two excuses.  I started a new semester with 72 students in my online class and I came down with shingles.  Anyway, I am still very busy with teaching and just barely recovering from shingles, but I am going to try to squeeze a little time to catch up.  

Luckily, the shingles were relatively mild, probably because I had them as a child and also because I had the original shingles shot.  However, when it comes to shingles, even relatively mild is not fun.  Mostly, the rash is drying up and fading, but the nerve pain in my back and side feels like someone kicked me.  I had been having spasms of really intense pain, but now it has settled into a more moderate pain.  

Getting back to my travels--I left Beebe Bridge Campground for a short drive to another place along the Columbia River in Washington that had been recommended to me--Wanapum State Park.  It was a chilly and windy day, but a pretty drive nonetheless.


This area is very popular with local Washingtonians, but you don't see many people from out of state.  I will probably come back one day because it is so pretty, and it has some very nice campgrounds. 

This looks like a lake, but it is actually a dammed up portion of the Columbia River.


Over the bridge to the other side of the river. 

And in the distance is this little oasis of a campground--Wanapum State Park.  



Unfortunately, I did not take any photos inside the campground because it was cold, rainy, and windy.  Might come back here someday when it is warmer, dry, and calm!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment